Students in the Fit Quest program participate in appropriate grade standard based nutrition and physical fitness experiential learning which will include instruction in the classroom and expanded curriculum during their weeklong stay at Shady Creek.
The intent is to raise awareness in program participants regarding the need to:
The Family Camp program, sponsored by Sutter Health is an action packed, fun family weekend. The goal is to bring the family unit together on the benefits of:
– Shady Creek Staff willvisit each school twice before attending Shady Creek
– Concepts will include My Plate, Rethink Your Drink, Fun Physical Activities, and Self Esteem Boosters
– Students practice My Plate eating choices
– Food For Thought
– Communities Class –Setting Goals and encouraging one another
– Garden and Nutrition Class
– Lots and lots of physical activity!
– Becoming more independent
– Students Review Concepts
– Connect Shady Creek to FitQuest
– Launching independent practice of a Healthy Lifestyle
– A fun filled weekend for the whole family
– Cooking classes
– Garden Class
– Low Ropes Challenge Course
– Workshops on Nutrition, Mental Wellness, and Physical Activity
– Lots of naturalist led hikes and games
– Evening Program
– Take home materials to keep Fit Quest going
-Transportation from Marysville or Yuba City
-Naturalist Led Activities
-A weekend of fun for the entire family!
-Sleeping Bags or Blankets, Pillows
-Comfortable clothes appropriate for physical activity
-Shoes appropriate for walking on trails
-Willingness to Participate
-An open mind
Any family of a child that attends a school inYuba or Sutter County that participated in theFit Quest program during the 2018/2019 school year.