Apply for either Yuba-Sutter or Placer-Sacramento Family Camp Online. You will be notified once application is approved. For paper applications, download the applications on this page.
What is FitQuest All About?
Students in the Fit Quest program participate in appropriate grade standard based nutrition and physical fitness experiential learning which will include instruction in the classroom and expanded curriculum during their weeklong stay at Shady Creek.
The intent is to raise awareness in program participants regarding the need to:
- Be thoughtful in food choices
- Be responsible for what they can control
- Choose to be active
- Understand that their choices today effect their health tomorrow
The Family Camp program, sponsored by Sutter Health is an action packed, fun family weekend. The goal is to bring the family unit together on the benefits of:
- Healthy meals and snacks as a choice
- Family fun and fitness(through physical activity
- Self-confidence and positive body image
FitQuest Program Sponsors
How Is FitQuest Implemented?
Phase 1: Classroom Visits
– Shady Creek Staff willvisit each school twice before attending Shady Creek
– Concepts will include My Plate, Rethink Your Drink, Fun Physical Activities, and Self Esteem Boosters
Phase 2: Shady Creek Outdoor School Participation
– Students practice My Plate eating choices
– Food For Thought
– Communities Class –Setting Goals and encouraging one another
– Garden and Nutrition Class
– Lots and lots of physical activity!
– Becoming more independent
Phase 3: Back in the Classroom
– Students Review Concepts
– Connect Shady Creek to FitQuest
– Launching independent practice of a Healthy Lifestyle
Phase 4: Family Camp!
– A fun filled weekend for the whole family
– Cooking classes
– Garden Class
– Low Ropes Challenge Course
– Workshops on Nutrition, Mental Wellness, and Physical Activity
– Lots of naturalist led hikes and games
– Evening Program
– Take home materials to keep Fit Quest going
What is Included?
-Transportation from Marysville or Yuba City
-Naturalist Led Activities
-A weekend of fun for the entire family!
What do families provide?
-Sleeping Bags or Blankets, Pillows
-Comfortable clothes appropriate for physical activity
-Shoes appropriate for walking on trails
-Willingness to Participate
-An open mind
Who can apply for Family Camp?
Any family of a child that attends a school inYuba or Sutter County that participated in theFit Quest program during the 2018/2019 school year.